Welcome to Fletchers Farm Riding School & Livery Yard, Fordham, owned by Emily and Tom Bradshaw since 2017.
The Riding School and livery yard at Fletchers Farm has been established since 2004. The Riding School is registered with the BHS, Pony Club and ABRS and is currently rated 5 stars by the local authority.
We have horses and ponies that are suitable for complete beginners to participate in our full range of lessons, holiday and weekend clubs and activities. For the more experienced and competitive riders we can offer advanced training sessions, shows and an array of clinics.
Fletchers Farm Riding School has 15 horses and ponies ranging from 11hh to 16hh and a very experienced team to offer top quality instruction and care in a relaxed and friendly environment. We also offer lessons on your own horse.
Fletchers Farm Riding School has access to extensive hacking in the beautiful Essex countryside with 7km of off road hacking around the farm which joins on to the East Anglian Farm rides.
⭐️⭐️⭐️Following government guidelines, we are re-opening with a limited timetable of private lessons available in our 20x40m outdoor arena from Wednesday 27th May. Lessons will be available Wednesday to Saturday's⭐️⭐️⭐️
Private lessons for 45 minutes - £45.
All risk assessments completed and strict procedures will be in place. Riders will be emailed details. No lead rein lessons at the moment. Riders must have their own hat, boots and clean gloves. The office will be open for booking from Tuesday 19th. We are all looking forward to seeing you all soon. See Lesson Diary tabe for full details.
We also run Pony Club courses for all abilities, shows, hacking and coffee mornings and many fun holiday activities such as pony days and Le TREC. We run many BHS and other educational courses and exams along with the new BHS Challenge Awards.
You can learn for pleasure or work towards BHS or PC qualifications. Contact us directly for more information 01206 242210
Morning everyone, we are pleased to let you know that FFRS will be offering group lessons from Friday 12th June. There is a revised timetable and restrictions due to coronavirus which will be on line to view later today and we can take bookings from tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing you all!
17th May 2020
Private lessons available in our 20m x 40m outdoor arena from Wednesday 27th May
Private lessons for 45 minutes - £45.
All risk assessments completed and strict procedures will be in place. Riders will be emailed details. No lead rein lessons at the moment. Riders must have their own hat, boots and clean gloves. The office will be open for booking from Tuesday 19th. We are all looking forward to seeing you all soon. See Lesson Diary Tab for full details.
15th May 2020
**We are opening soon**
Following changes in governement guidelines we will be re opening soon. This will be for individual lessons only for the moment. We (and the ponies) look forward to seeing you all soon.
23rd March 2020
We have come to the very sad decision to close.
We feel it is the right thing to do to help beat the Corona Virus.
We will be in touch with everyone that has lessons booked and clearly refunds or vouchers will be given.
We want to assure you that we will do everything we can to look after the team - both staff and horses - during this incredibly challenging time.
We are very sorry to have to take this step but we have to make sure that everyone plays their part in trying to manage the control of this pandemic.
Stay safe everyone xx
MARCH 2020 - RIDING SCHOOL YARD RULES – CORONA VIRUS
1. Please wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitizer on arrival to the yard and leaving the yard for at least 20 seconds.
2. Practice social distancing – 2 m between people and do not gather in close proximity. Also please keep the number of people coming to the yard to a minimum, e.g. please keep spectators for lessons to a minimum (and practice social distancing).
3. Riders must wear clean gloves in lessons.
4. FFRS have risk assessed first aid requirements regarding falls and as a result will not be teaching riders no stirrup work and keeping jumping lessons to straightforward fences within lessons for the foreseeable future.
5. If either you or one of your family members have a temperature greater then 37.8 degree centigrade or any symptoms then DO NOT enter the yard as you will need to self isolate.
6. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze and wash your hands afterwards.
7. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
All the staff at Fletchers Farm are aware of good hygiene practices and will be deep cleaning sinks, handles, equipment etc.
Further information can be found at:
Thank you for your support