Welcome to Fletchers Farm Riding School & Livery Yard, Fordham, formerly known as The Colchester Garrison Saddle Club, owned by Emily and Tom Bradshaw since 2017.
The Riding School and livery yard at Fletchers Farm has been established since 2004. The Riding School is registered with the BHS, Pony Club and ABRS and is currently rated 5 stars by the local authority.
We have horses and ponies that are suitable for complete beginners to participate in our full range of lessons, holiday and weekend clubs and activities. For the more experienced and competitive riders we can offer advanced training sessions, shows and an array of clinics.
Fletchers Farm Riding School has 15 horses and ponies ranging from 11hh to 16hh and a very experienced team to offer top quality instruction and care in a relaxed and friendly environment. We also offer lessons on your own horse.
Fletchers Farm Riding School has access to extensive hacking in the beautiful Essex countryside with 7km of off road hacking around the farm which joins on to the East Anglian Farm rides.
Due to the Corona Virus we are currently closed. Please keep in touch and watch this space for when we open again. Keep safe everyone.
FFRS Spring Ride Scheme
Book your favourite horse/pony for lessons for a week
Ride in 3 x one-hour group lessons at your level or below for a discounted rate
£69 per week
- The scheme is open to riders in our childrens’ Intro groups & upwards, or adults in our intermediate groups & upwards.
- Payment must be made when booking and classes must be booked at the same time.
- Riders to book into their level group rides or below only.
- Rides to be used within the one-week period booked and cannot be carried over into another week.
- Riders can choose to ride in a half hour group of a suitable level if required but no discount will be offered.
- Horse/pony choice must be agreed as suitable by normal instructor.
- The scheme will run throughout spring but could be subject to change with regards to corona virus updates and could be cancelled without notice. In this instance refunds would be offered.
We also run Pony Club courses for all abilities, shows, hacking and coffee mornings and many fun holiday activities such as pony days and Le TREC. We run many BHS and other educational courses and exams along with the new BHS Challenge Awards.
You can learn for pleasure or work towards BHS or PC qualifications. Contact us directly for more information 01206 242210
23rd March 2020
We have come to the very sad decision to close.
Although the BHS has not shut down riding schools we feel it is the right thing to do to help beat the Corona Virus.
We will be in touch with everyone that has lessons booked and clearly refunds or vouchers will be given.
We want to assure you that we will do everything we can to look after the team - both staff and horses - during this incredibly challenging time.
We are very sorry to have to take this step but we have to make sure that everyone plays their part in trying to manage the control of this pandemic.
Stay safe everyone xx
20th March 2020 **Corona Virus Update**
In light of the governments statement today we have decided to stay open for the imminent future. We are on outdoor sport and are taking all the government safety precaution.
We continue our hygiene policies including disinfecting reins and hats after each rider. We would like to remind everyone to keep 2 m apart especially when watching lessons and we have closed the portacabin. All lessons must be booked over the phone.
19th March 2020 - Reference: Corona Virus update
Further to our previous updates please can we remind all customers and staff to keep up to date with all government recommendations, this includes everyone on site ccontinuing to promote good hygiene practices and following the below rules:
RIDING SCHOOL YARD RULES – CORONA VIRUS
1. Please wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitizer on arrival to the yard and leaving the yard for at least 20 seconds.
2. Practice social distancing – 3 m between people and do not gather in close proximity. Also please keep the number of people coming to the yard to a minimum, e.g. please keep spectators for lessons to a minimum (and practice social distancing).
3. Riders must wear gloves in lessons.
4. FFRS have risk assessed first aid requirements regarding falls and as a result will not be teaching riders no stirrup work and keeping jumping lessons to straightforward fences within lessons for the foreseeable future.
5. If either you or one of your family members have a temperature greater then 37.8 degree centigrade or any symptoms then DO NOT enter the yard as you will need to self isolate.
6. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze and wash your hands afterwards.
7. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
All the staff at Fletchers Farm are aware of good hygiene practices and will be deep cleaning sinks, handles, equipment etc.
Further information can be found at:
Thank you for your support
16th March 2020
Further to our post on the 12th March could we politely remind any visitors to the site to please wash your hands before riding & entering the office and again before leaving the site.
Please note that gloves must be worn for lessons – pairs can be purchased in the office if you have not brought any with you.
Many thanks the FFRS Team
12th March 2020 - Corona Virus
At Fletchers Farm Riding School our clients and staff are our top priority.
We are aware of and understand some peoples' concerns regarding the Clovid-19 and potential risks. As a business we would like to reassure you that we are continually monitoring the Public Health advice. Further information can be found at:
We would like to ask you continue to promote good hygiene practises.
Should you begin to feel unwell, please do make use of our normal cancellation policy to re arrange your class.
However, please note the following temporary addition to our cancellation policy:
-If you feel unwell you may cancel your lesson with less than 24 hours notice. You will be able to reschedule your ride ahead to use within 6 months but it must be rescheduled a minimum of 14 days ahead.
-This measure will be in place until 31st March 2020, when it will be reviewed to hopefully return to our normal policy, however we will keep the website updated with any additional information.
Remember if you have any direct medical concerns, please call 111
If you have any questions please contact the office.
Tots riding every Saturday at 10.30 am, see calender page to book